First, choose the “Make a Choice” tab on the main page. Just like when you use Doodle to create an event, you start by creating a title, description (include your question here) and your name (and optional e-mail address). Then you simply type in the answer choices that you will be providing your students. Then click next and choose to personally send the invitation, then click “Submit.” When choosing this option, you will get a link to the website where you should send your students to answer the poll. Now your poll is complete!
I think that there is a variety of ways this could be used in the classroom, specifically during the statistics unit. I have created a document with links to various polls. Click on the image below to be linked to this interactive document.

I could then send my students to this document, and have them answer all of the questions. I could then pull up the information and use that to create different types of graphs. It would be much better than the way I currently do it, by going around the class and having each student orally answer each poll. If you would like a copy of this activity, please e-mail me @ Kristen_Bennett@hcpss.org.
I have created a quick “Doodle Poll” for you to participate in, to see how easy this would be for your students. Click here to participate in the survey. To view the results of the survey, click here.
When thinking about telecollaborative projects, I can think of many uses for this technology. Polling using Doodle is a quick way to get a group consensus about any topic (choosing a topic, narrowing the focus, etc.). I think you could also have students create questions or polls for other groups in other locations to answer and then you can get the answers at your own convenience. If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Good luck using Doodle! :)
I love this! It looks easy and would be a great way to create an online exit ticket- just one or 2 questions to see how the students are learning. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI love this too! That was so simple to do and I love that the results are immediately visible. This could be used in a variety of ways: choosing what to do for a class party, seeing who needs help for a reivew, or as Janet said an exit ticket. How do the students respond to this tool in your classroom?
ReplyDelete